Sunday, July 21, 2019

I should have known re: Massachsuetts General Laws online

Now I know why I often can't find new statutes or language that I know was amended when I go to the Massachusetts General Laws links that I have saved for myself. Thanks to an alert that the Trial Court Law Libraries recently added to the top of the mass.gov "General laws, session laws & bills" pages, I realized that:

Mass. General Laws online have not been updated since February 28, 2017

Warning: Mass. General Laws on the Legislature's site have not been updated in over 2 years


The Trial Court Law Libraries strongly discourage users from relying on the Mass. General Laws provided online by the Legislature, because they are over 2 years out of date.

We are working to compile a collection of laws that have changed in that time. Please try Mass. General Laws amended since January 1, 2017 first, whenever you are searching for laws.
If you need a law, and it is not in the list of amended laws, please use the Legislature's online Mass. General Laws as a finding aid only, and then use our free document delivery service to request a current version of the law.

By Mass. Trial Court Law Libraries, www.mass.gov/alerts/mass-general-laws-online-have-not-been-updated-since-february-28-2017, 7/10/2019

No comments: