Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yet Something Else Not To Do To Your Child

This article that I was alerted to via the Snopes.com "Daily Snopes" is perhaps this Georgia mother's reply to the following inquiry:

At a party several years ago, I was introduced to a lawyer who was here from China studying taxation law at Harvard Law School. He asked me what field of law I practiced. When I told him Children's Law he said, "I don't think we have that in China." After a brief discussion of what Children's Law was about, he said, "You can probably tell me then, is it true that you're not allowed to beat your children in America?" When I said yes, that was mostly true he asked, "So, what do you do when they don't study?"

And the answer is:

As punishment for bad grades, a Georgia mother forced her 12-year-old son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer, police said.

The day after he was forced to kill his pet, the child told his teacher [...].

The teacher reported the incident to DFCS authorities, who contacted police [who arrested Mom].

See the rest of the article here: Cops: Mom forces son to kill hamster for bad grade | ajc.com

So there's something else to add to my list of Top 10 Discipline Methods Not to Use on your Child.

No comments: